Last Updated Sunday, October 20th, 2019
Thursday, April 2nd – Sunday, April 5th, 2020
Every Spring the Tucker Middle School Band takes a trip to a city that integrates performances, educational experiences and fun for our 7th & 8th graders (along with a few select 6th graders as per Ms. Kang’s discretion). This school year we will be heading to New Orleans, Louisiana!!
The first thing we need is your commitment so we can secure transportation. A down payment of $125 is due in September (please make checks payable “Tucker Middle School Band Boosters”)
Specific details regarding the costs for the trip and a payment schedule for students and chaperones can be seen here. If you would like to chaperone, please let TMS Band Booster President Sara Roper or Ms. Kang know. A list of prospective venues is offered below. More details will follow regarding our specific itinerary so stay tuned and please attend General Band Meetings throughout the year to find out more.
Prospective venues for TMS Band Spring Trip to New Orleans:
- Honey Island Swamp Tour near Slidell
- Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
- Audubon Zoo
- Master class
- New Orleans French Quarter
- Dinner Jazz Cruise on the paddleboat Natchez
PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS
- September 30, 2019:• $125 Deposit Due (extended to October 18, 2019)
- October 18, 2019: $125 1st Installment Due
- November 15, 2019: $125 2nd Installment Due
- December 13, 2019: $125 3rd Installment Due
- January 17, 2019: $125 4th Installment Due
- February 21, 2019: $125 5th Installment Due
NOTE: Band dues must be paid in full before any deposits towards the Spring Trip will be accepted.